Cross Country Track
The main loop of the National Cross Country Track measures 1,500 metres, with separate start and finish straights and incorporates two additional loops of 500 metres and 700 metres to enable different course routes and distances through both grassland and wooded areas.
- The Sport Ireland National Cross Country Track has been developed in consultation with Athletics Ireland.
- It is the first permanent national cross country track for both training and competition purposes.
- The main loop of the track measures 1,500 metres.
- The track contains separate start and finish straights – each 200 metres long.
- There are two additional loops of 500m and 700m to enable different course routes and distances through grassland and wooded areas.
Set on a mixture of grass and trail paths, the 5k route will start and finish at Abbotstown House which overlooks the course that will be used for the 2021 European Cross-Country Championships . The Sport Ireland parkrun is free to enter and will take place at 9.30am every Saturday morning with walkers, runners, and supporters all welcome.
Explore Sport Ireland Campus by walking, jogging or cycling around our 2.5km loop.
From picturesque woodlands to outdoor fitness & sports equipment theres loads to see and do!